Calling all NEW MAMAS and SOON-TO-BE MAMAS – you NEED THIS!
Seriously, YOU need THIS.
This is by far the one thing I cannot live without after having a baby! It SAVED me from being completely uncomfortable and irritable in the first couple postpartum weeks. REAL LIFE SAVER!
And let me tell you – it is very easy to make and takes no time at all! It’s also a great gift for your friends (amazing, convenient, easy to use, easy to make, cheap, fun, exciting, practical…and the list goes on…) I have given it as gift to all my friends that have had babies the past couple years and they LOVE it! Love love love it!
What does it do you ask?
Well… not only does it make you feel better, it also helps speed up your recovery time. Here are some (not all) properties of the ingredients in this baby:
- pain reducing
BONUS – it can be used for both regular vaginal births as well as c-section births! *NOTE: ALWAYS consult your physician before use.
If you love this post and want to read more on new mama and baby products, check out all my posts on this topic.
How does it work?
All you need to do is spray it on the affected area (your you-know… lady parts OR c-section incision site) a few times a day or after every trip to the restroom. And voila! You have immediate relief and reduced sensations of pain, itching, inflammation and more! It’s really that simple!
Before you get started:
Since you are making something that comes in contact with vulnerable areas prone to infection, you MUST make sure your supplies, ingredients, equipment, and work space are as CLEAN AS POSSIBLE. Disinfect all tools you will be using with alcohol or a natural cleaner. Wear gloves. Use distilled water. Be smart.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, in which I get paid a commission if you purchase through these links. Thank you for supporting my blog!
*This recipe is intended for personal use only. All posts and recipes on kiragray.org are copyright and may not be shared, duplicated, or used to sell products. Please enjoy respectfully!
Gather your supplies:
*check out my supplies page for a list of links to all item.
- Distilled Water
- Witch Hazel
- Calendula (Water Soluble)
- Aloe Vera
- Vitamin E Oil
- Essential Oils of: lavender, peppermint, tea tree, frankincense
- 4 oz Bottle with Fine Mist Spray (Inverted Sprayers are AWESOME!)
Remember, you can purchase a more complex, ready-made version of this right here on my site (this version has a higher concentration of essential oils and witch hazel – more potent if you will):
- Measure out and combine the following ingredients in a bowl:
- 1/2 cup distilled Water
- 1 tbsp witch hazel
- 1/2 tbsp aloe vera
- 1/8 tsp vitamin E oil
- 8-25 Drops of essential oils (any combo: lavender, tea tree, peppermint, frankincense)
- Whisk together until combine well.
- Using a funnel, transfer to bottle.
- Seal tight.
- Shake well before each use!
There you have it! Be creative, and experiment with the oils you use. There are so many great combinations of essential oils that help heal, restore, disinfect and more! Make sure you do your research first and do not OVER DO IT with the essential oils! Do not use more than 3% of your total solution. Keep it safe.
If you like these recipes – please share the blog link and sign up for my newsletter!
- 1/2 cup Distilled Water
- 1 tbsp Witch Hazel
- 1/2 tbsp Aloe vera
- 1/8 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 8-25 drops Pure Essential Oils (any combo: lavender, tea tree, peppermint, frankincense)
- Measure out all ingredients into bowl.
- Whisk briskly.
- Using a funnel, pour into bottle.
- Seal tight and shake well.
- Spray as needed on affected area or after every trip to the bathroom.
- *This recipe is intended for personal use only. All posts and recipes on kiragray.org are copyright and may not be shared, duplicated, or used to sell products. Please enjoy respectfully!